[thelist] JavaScript: cannot assign to a function result

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Mar 5 17:52:17 CST 2003

So, if I can't assign to a function result, what *do* I do? Seems like this
should be obvious, but it ain't.

This function just grabs the value of a radio button group using the
GetRadioValue function. So, how do I get the result of GetRadioValue into
the current iteration of glcodesub?

function SaveRadioValueGLCodeSub(RadioGroup, j)
{
	strGLCodeSub = "window.document.theForm.glcodesub" + j + ".value"
	eval(strGLCodeSub = GetRadioValue(RadioGroup));
}

tenks

joel