[thelist] Macromedia.com redesigned

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Wed Mar 5 18:19:01 CST 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 11:52:49PM +0000, John Handelaar wrote:
> WHAT MAIN PAGE, JOHN?   Some of us are getting the
> 'Accessibility page' excuses and nothing else.
> Emma's now saying it doesn't work in Phoenix either.
> I ain't getting shit in Lynx.
> Theory:  MM did no Linux testing whatsoever.

I understand your frustration, I feel your frustration. ... We Linux users
are far superior and should tolerate the meek and uninitiated. We may get
a little frustrated but then it is our /duty/ to ensure the correct
support is given to The Others so that they may fix their products and
feel The Love.

All kidding aside:
Try reloading the page. It may have to do with the cookie issue someone
else mentioned at some point. I now have four cookies set. If I delete
those cookies and reload the page it still works on first load. It was
just the first time I tried to access the page. No idea what happened, but
it seems ok now.

Yes, I have a lot of frustrations when a page doesn't work and it has New
Technologies. But we do have to remember (once we get there) that the main
page says right on it BETA. Feel the beta love. Send in your comments at:
http://www.infopoll.net/live/surveys/s20463.htm
http://www.macromedia.com/bin/webfeedback.cgi

The design itself is sort of *yawn*. It looks to me like an HTML page. The
thing I love about Flash is all the wacky illustrators who use it:
http://www.cbc4kids.com/gds_rachel.cfm (visit the story builder link)
http://www.logosforhobos.com/

emma <-- initial frustrations are over, back to business as usual.

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]