[thelist] Macromedia.com redesigned

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Mar 6 01:52:02 CST 2003

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 06:33  PM, Paul Bennett wrote:
>> and Linux freaks too cantankerous to
>> bother rolling over to a computer set up similarly to 99.9%
>
> where the he11 did this figure come from? Your Flash dev support group?

No, it was an exaggerated estimate from my server logs ... but ,
behold! The real math, from March:

Flash 6 will run on 97.2% of the user agents
Flash 5 will run on 99.9% of the user agents

Yup. Well, assuming that I do a better job of embedding SWFs in my HTML
than MM does and system admins paranoid about theoretical exploits
haven't locked Flash out. And that all the user agents are actually
what they identify themselves as.

PS: I counted this user agent as being able to view Flash 6, because if
they can't, they deserve to:
<http_user_agent>
I'm a Web Browser! Serve Me! (completely incompatible; 300 Trained
Monkeys; Runs on Yo' Momma)
</http_user_agent>

Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital