[thelist] javascript image replace broken in gecko

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Fri Mar 7 12:28:01 CST 2003

Mmmmh.

I've always used an old way of doing this, maybe it will solve your problem:

Out of your toggle you'd define two image objects like so:
expandImg = new Image();
expandImg.src = "./images/navigation/expand.gif";
collapseImg = new Image();
collapseImg.src = "./images/navigation/collapse.gif";

Then you'd write either
objImg.src = expandImg.src
or
objImg.src = collapseImg.src

... but I can't tell you why I did so in the first place, although it did work.

Now I'm more into this:
document.getElementById(objImg).setAttribute("src","./images/navigation/expand.gif");
which is a bit more trendy, I guess ;-)
(and works all right in Mozilla)