[thelist] XML Error Trapping in CF

Russ russ at unrealisticexpectations.com
Sat Mar 8 00:30:01 CST 2003

I've been working on bringing down feeds in XML/RSS in ColdFusion MX,
and it works really well.

Mostly.

I've been noticing that if there's an error in the feed--which seems to
happen as CF finds extra or special characters that it doesn't
like--then the entire page breaks, and I'd rather not have that happen.

In fact, since users are choosing from a number of feeds, I'd prefer to
capture the error and then simply void that request and move to the next
one without breaking a page.

Is this a feasible/reasonable request, and if so, what direection should
I be looking in?  I'm working on a CFTRY, but I'm still struggling.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Russ
blueChrome design, LLC
www.bluechromedesign.com