[thelist] Netscape/Moz installations

Bill Mason evolt at accessibleinter.net
Mon Mar 10 02:21:02 CST 2003

At 10:48 PM 3/9/2003, Erik Mattheis wrote:
>I'm having some difficulty with Netscape/Mozilla installations on Win
>2K ...
>
>I have them in ...
>
>\Program Files\mozilla.org\0.6
>\Program Files\mozilla.org\0.99
>
>\Program Files\Netscape\6.01 (6.01 in here)
>\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator -> (4.7 is in here)
>\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape 6\ (6.2.1 is in here)
>\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape 7\ (netscape 7 is in here)
>
>The chrome of many of them is a crazy mish mash of of of the "classic"
>and "newer" chrome ...
>
>How should I be installing them so they're completely independent
>installations ... or do the share dlls that are elsewhere ... or what?

Where they're installed looks fine to me.  I do something similar, though
not with that many versions.

Are you sharing profiles/using the same profile with different
versions?  This can really get the installs confused and screwed up in a
hurry.  I give each install I have its own unique profile to use.

Bill Mason
Accessible Internet
evolt at accessibleinter.net
http://www.accessibleinter.net/