[thelist] Re: mysql.com redesign

elin tjerngren. artopod elin at artopod.se
Mon Mar 10 06:57:01 CST 2003

Hi,

Wow, thanks Rudy and Anthony - I'll tell my designer he's done a good job with the graphics :-)
(We, ie Artopod, got the job, provided them with a style guide, they implemented it internally)

I'm sorry I'm more than two months late...but somehow I missed this then - and I just have to
comment...
The horisontal scrollbar you are talking about seems to be fixed now by MySQL.
One thing though - one of our our mock-ups we sent to MySQL looked like this:
http://artopod.com/testzone/mysql6stretched.jpg
Obviously things has changed on the way - "our page" ends at the middle of the page - like the
text on the dolphin background. The intention is to get shorter rows and a more legible text. But
on the other hand we have a smaller font on our mockup.
Please let me know if you have an opinion on legibility in this case:
Small font: nicer typographic design
Big font: easier to read?
I guess you all would first think: of course the font should be a as large as possible: but from a
typographic point of view it's the better layout that is the most legible, or?

/Elin, http://artopod.com