[thelist] Site check; though late...

Robert Vreeland vreeland at studioframework.com
Mon Mar 10 07:10:01 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: [thelist] Site check; though late...

> > Do you think that my site must have some modifications in design?
> > http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/

Yes, most definitely. 1)There is absolutely no content above the fold (the
part of the page first viewed when it loads). 2) You have duplicated you
menu three times. First along the top. Second along the side, and yet again
in the main content. Personally, I would get rid of all the advertising on
the top, and the pop ups ( although I didn't see them, I use a pop up
blocker). Move your logo to the left or right of the top menu - otherwise it
will be ignored - users have become desensitized to banner ads and will tend
to assume anything above the navigation is a banner ad and ignore it. Use
your left side navigation for navigation of interior pages, and include a
hot topic / content on load in your content area. Just my opinion.
Robert
vreeland at studioframework.com