[thelist] Web Traffic Software

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Mar 10 16:45:04 CST 2003

On Monday, March 10, 2003, at 04:12  PM, rudy wrote:
>> Once you get familiar with the config file,...
>
> yeah, but be warned, you have to have an advanced degree in semiotics
> and
> cryptography in order to figure it out

Point taken! But there is indeed a method to the madness.

> i once found a site that had an example analog config file, which was,
> ahem,
> well documented, and i do so wish i had bookmarked it

The Rosetta Stone for me was the bigbyreport.cfg file which is in the
examples folder of the precompiled version (for Windows, at least).

A version of it doesn't seem to be indexed by google, and it's not on
Lucian Wischik's site- the person who made it plus did all the way way
helpful comments .

I actually use that exact file for my real config files, turning things
on and off as I need them. Maybe I only see a method because the
madness is explained away in the comments right there in front of me.
Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>
Flash and ColdFusion Development