[thelist] SAP DB

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Mar 11 07:00:49 CST 2003

>  I was wondering if anyone had tried out the new free database
>  server offered by SAP? What did you guys think of it? Looks
>  quite promising.

thanks, burhan

if anyone has urls of where to learn more, could you send these
to me, offlist please, as i am very interested

of course i had heard of SAP, but not that they have a database,
much less a free sql-92 compliant one

so i am interested in both other sites discussing this database, and
pages within this site that don't assume i'm a user

i tried reading their latest news document, but it's a point release
bug fix report -- http://www.sapdb.org/7.4/new_relinfo.txt

sometimes i will download software if just to read the docs, but the
first thing i see here is a huge STOP sign and the bold admonition

   "Please use this site only if you are experienced
    in the installation of SAP DB software."
             -- http://www.sapdb.org/7.4/sap_db_downloads.htm

a self-fulfilling prophecy, perhaps?

also, that page makes me wonder if i need to have linux on windows

you know how helpless i am without a database administrator

rudy