[thelist] zip codes (was something else)

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Tue Mar 11 10:50:51 CST 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 03:58:06PM +0000, Kae Verens wrote:
> On a related note, I get confused by people insisting I tell them what
> my "zip code" is, and refusing to let me submit the form until I do... I
> am not in the US - I don't have a zip code. I wish people wouldn't ask
> for non-optional country and zip code fields in the same form - in a lot
> of cases they are exclusive.

My personal favorite: USA Today has a mandatory "optional survey" which
asks you for your country (Canada) and zip code .... if I put in my postal
code it rejects the "optional survey" and won't let me into their site. So
I have to fill in bogus information (I do often fill out these surveys
with real information if it doesn't also ask for my email and name) to get
past their /ahem/ idjit (sound it out) checker. I wonder how many people
from Canada live in the 90210 area code ....

grrrrr.

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin