[thelist] zip codes (was something else)

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Tue Mar 11 12:09:56 CST 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 05:03:05PM -0000, Scott Harman wrote:
> Our friends at NS have made zip code mandatory also in their install -
> even tho I've selected UK as a country.  They have no problem taking a 7
> character string... So tell them to foxtrot oscar.

/grin/

> Promise I'll post a tip when I learn anything useful! :)

<tip author="Scott Harman" topic="form customization">
 If you're going to filter visitors into different sections of your site,
 first get some basic information about them (e.g. location). Use this
 information to provide your visitor with an appropriate form. For example:
 if someone is from a non-US country, do not require a zip code. You can
 create custom forms by using PHP and dynamically selecting information
 from your database to ensure your visitor is only ever presented with
 appropriate choices. It's really not that hard, and it makes a great
 deal of difference to user experience.
</tip>

I hope you don't mind that I made it a little more generic...

Someone might want to look into this:

PS From http://evolt.org if I click on "tips" it redirects me to the
list subscription page. I don't think that's intentional.

PPS http://lists.evolt.org/index.php?content=harvest Does not have any
information about tip harvesting other than a link at the bottom to the
URL I just pasted.

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]