[thelist] Stupid Photoshop question

Kelly Hallman khallman at wrack.org
Tue Mar 11 14:26:54 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Peekstok, Anna wrote:
> From: Kelly Hallman:
> > On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Peekstok, Anna wrote:
> > > Image -> Mode -> Duotone -> Type: Monotone (then select color).
> >
> > Interesting approach, but then you are locked into that palette and
> > you don't have too much flexibility.
>
> FYI, I regain palette flexibility later if I need it by changing Mode
> again to RGB.

Yes, but you are locked to the choice you made when you switched image
modes.  With an adjustment layer you can acheive the same effect and
retain full flexibility to change things later...not to mention that you
have much more control than you have with Duotone.

I tried everyone's suggestions and still found a gradient map adjustment
layer fit the original request the best.  I couldn't get the low-end color
to be black with any of the methods besides a multiply blending mode
(which distorted the colors if the original image was not greyscale).

Anyway...gradient map adjustment layer...
try it out, you won't be disappointed ;)

--
Kelly Hallman
http://wrack.org/