[thelist] Re: ASP and GetObject....

Neil Moodley Neil.Moodley at uk.wdsglobal.com
Wed Mar 12 06:23:36 CST 2003

Hi

Try Server.GetObject instead...

rgds

Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-request at lists.evolt.org]
Sent: None
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: thelist Digest, Vol 1, Issue 5

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:00:27 -0800
From: Anthony Baratta <Anthony at Baratta.com>
Subject: [thelist] ASP and GetObject....
	<thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Message: 11

Howdy folks...

I'm trying to get information from the IIS (v5) Metabase. My test code
works with VBS, but fails with ASP.

e.g.
     On Error Resume Next
     Set w3svc = GetObject("IIS://" & varComputerName & "/w3svc")
     If Err.Number = 0 Then
          ''Connect worked, go do stuff
     Else
          ''Connect Failed
          response.write Err.Number
     End If
     On Error GoTo 0

When I print the Err.Number, I get "70". Which of course means nothing to
me. ;-P

I think this is a permissions error, e.g. IIS running as the Anonymous
Account, so it doesn't have permissions to invoke that object.

Clues? Clue bats?
--
Anthony Baratta
President