[thelist] SpamCop redux

Koutoulas, Pete PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us
Wed Mar 12 07:08:57 CST 2003

A few weeks ago, I posted a question about SpamCop. I had received a
"complaint" from them against one of my websites. Well, yesterday I received
two more. Both were very similar to the first one, but both stated that my
"network would be blocked" if I got one more complaint. Hmmm... three "last
warnings" in two weeks? I felt a little like Saddam Hussein. ;-)

Naturally this made me suspicious and when I visited the SpamCop site again
I noticed something I hadn't seen the first time. Apparently spammers
themselves have been sending bogus SpamCop reports in an effort to discredit
them: http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/124.html

Very interesting reading! Now I know what a *real* SpamCop report looks
like. All the ones I had gotten were fake. Now I have to take back all the
nasty things I said about SpamCop. In fact, I just became a member and sent
a complaint against the fake SpamCop.

___________________________________
Pete Koutoulas, Website Manager
Fayette County Public Schools
701 E. Main Street
Lexington, KY 40502
Voice (859) 381-4138
Fax (859) 381-4763
webmaster at fcps.net
www.fcps.net

This student or staff email originated from Fayette County Public Schools in
Lexington, KY.
Please report instances of abuse or inappropriate content to
postmaster at fcps.net