[thelist] A List For Unix/Apache Admins?

John Corry webshot at members.evolt.org
Wed Mar 12 19:34:00 CST 2003

I'm fuming, people are leaving
> the host,

I left my host (Hurricane Electric) and got a managed server at
rackspace.com when HE wouldn't let me use Curl for PHP.

It was evident from their lame response ("sorry...we tried to install it
on our super proprietary linux OS and couldn't get it to work...may we
suggest lynx as an altenaitve") that they were not comitted to my
success. I realized that if I want to succeed at web hosting, I have to
be in a position to succeed. HE wasn't putting me in that position,
rackspace said they would.

Rackspace has put me in position to succeed at web hosting.

The rackspace user forums (sorry, customer access only) sound like the
list you're looking for. They are always very polite and quick to answer
any questions I have about administration of my (yes, *MY*) server. The
support staff is basically holding my hand and teaching me how to be a
linux admin...its pretty cool.

jpc