[thelist] ASP: Modify FormatDateTime()

Koutoulas, Pete PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us
Thu Mar 13 07:54:54 CST 2003

On Thursday, March 13, 2003 3:24 AM, Christian Anderson wrote:

> I'm showing the date of something on my site like:
> FormatDateTime(dt,1)
> with "dt" being a date value pulled from my database.  Is there a way
> to make it show "Thu" instead of "Thursday" and "Mar" instead of
> "March"?  I'm working with a tight space, and would like to cut down
> on the unnecessary characters.

1 is "vbLongDate" and is defined by the long date settings in the regional
settings of the server. If you have access to the server, you can change it
there. If not, you will have to parse the date yourself using some of
VBScripts other time and date functions. See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/ht
ml/vtoriFunctions.asp. Good luck!

___________________________________
Pete Koutoulas, Website Manager
Fayette County Public Schools
701 E. Main Street
Lexington, KY 40502
Voice (859) 381-4138
Fax (859) 381-4763
webmaster at fcps.net
www.fcps.net

This student or staff email originated from Fayette County Public Schools in
Lexington, KY.
Please report instances of abuse or inappropriate content to
postmaster at fcps.net