[thelist] Errors 404 strange behavior (IIS/PHP)

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Thu Mar 13 08:28:10 CST 2003

Hello all,

At the office I've been using the "personalized errors" in IIS and I have it "redirect" to a /error404.php file (my IIS speaks french but any english-speaking-IIS user can correct and tell us what the exact phrasing is on their server).

By default IIS does not send a correct header, it seems.

I googlised and decided to try to add a header to /error404.php like this:
header("HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found");

But to no avail. IIS seems to somehow 'strip' the headers.

So my error-checking software (Xenu Link Sleuth) does not tell me there's a 404 where there is one.

Anyone knows how to make this bulldozer work?

TIA
s t e f
http://www.nota-bene.org/