[thelist] Javascript: url variable to form text field

michael grover mike at michaelgrover.com
Thu Mar 13 08:42:31 CST 2003

I'm vexed by this one.  I've found lots of great scripts and tips that
come close to doing what I need to do, but not close enough that I can
leap the abyss and figure it out myself.  Anybody?

I want to use Javascript to grab one particular variable out of a url
sting containing many variables and I want to populate that variable
into the text box of a form on the page.

I have no control over the position of the variable nor of how many
variables there are in the string.

Thanks!

Mike.