[thelist] info on CSS divs and the float property

Sarah poohbear at designshift.com
Thu Mar 13 12:51:07 CST 2003

I am looking for a good article, faq, tutorial, or whatever which explains
how to properly use the CSS float property in a div. I, like many evolters,
am an avid supporter of using CSS to replace tables used for layout, but
sometimes it is just too difficult to figure out how. Any suggestions for
good online resources for this would be greatly appreciated. Examples of
the kinds of layouts I am trying to create are below.

I want two divs to be side by side like this (the div on the left holds and
image, the other holds text):
-----------
|     |   |
|     |   |
|     |   |
|     |   |
|     |   |
-----------

But I end up with something like this:
-----------
|     |   |
|     |   |
|------   |
|         |

Also, it would be great to know how to format a form like this without
having to use a table:
Label   Textbox
Label   Textbox
Label   Textbox