[thelist] status bar removal

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Fri Mar 14 10:01:42 CST 2003

On Friday, March 14, 2003, at 08:32 AM, Tim Burgan wrote:
> if you click on one of the audio squares, it will load a swf file into
> a "hidden" frame. The audio in the swf streams. The problem is that
> the status bar says 'Opening page: blah blah' until the whole swf is
> loaded, and I don't want this to be the case.

Is there a reason to load it into a hidden frame other that just to get
it to play?

If now, in the movie with the links to songs, but a MC on your main
timeline - call it something like audio_holder, then instead of loading
the swf into a new frame, say:

_root['audio_holder'].loadMovie('my_song.swf');

Funny that you want to do this though: that the browser doesn't always
automatically let the user know what's going on in the status bar is in
my opinion one of Flash's drawbacks ...

Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>