[thelist] [OT] finding work in Seattle

j.d. welch so.there at showtunepink.com
Fri Mar 14 14:32:27 CST 2003

This is quite ot, but I figured someone on the list might have some
suggestions-- I will be relocating from New York to Seattle very soon
(my partner was offered a job there), and would like to know if anyone
has suggestions for finding web graphics/-production/-development work
there.  I know next to nothing about the place, so pointers to
interesting web dev/graphic design/etc firms, decent staffing firms,
recruiters, local jobs boards, user groups, etc. are all welcome, as is
any general advice/anecdote about the Emerald City.

As is usual with these things, offlist replies preferred; If anyone's
interested I'll post/send a copy of a summary.

thanks!

-jd

<tip type="Easy Log Rotation" author="J.D. Welch">
Keep your Apache logs organized with cronolog
<http://www.cronolog.org/>, a more powerful replacement for Apache's
rotatelogs <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/programs/rotatelogs.html>.
Log files can be automatically organized by a vast variety of date and
time formats.  I use a scheme where every VirtualHost gets a directory
under /var/log/httpd, and then have cronolog create year (i.e. /2003/)
directories and name logfiles by month (i.e. 03.access.log).  then, in
the AWStats config (YMMV with other analyzers) the line
LogFile="/var/log/httpd/kitsch/%YYYY-0/%MM-0.access.log" will
automatically find the most recent monthly log to analyze. Automation
good!
</tip>

    J.D. Welch			|  so.there at showtunepink.com
    graphic designer    	|  http://www.showtunepink.com