[thelist] ASP & dynamic page changes

Koutoulas, Pete PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us
Wed Mar 19 14:25:50 CST 2003

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003 2:39 PM, Erik Bennett wrote:

> Long story short (too late) I want to know if it's possible to
> dynamically add information to a page based on a selection from a
> drop-down menu __without__ refreshing the page using ASP.

Since ASP is a server-side technology, the short answer is no. You can of
course use JavaScript client-side to populate your form controls based upon
user selection of other controls. But all the data has to be there when the
page loads. You cannot execute ASP code in response to user input without
making a return trip to the server. In other words, you can do what you want
to do but it will have to involve careful integration of both server-side
and client-side scripting.

I don't know if that answer is helpful or not.

___________________________________
Pete Koutoulas, Website Manager
Fayette County Public Schools
701 E. Main Street
Lexington, KY 40502
Voice (859) 381-4138
Fax (859) 381-4763
webmaster at fcps.net
www.fcps.net

This student or staff email originated from Fayette County Public Schools in
Lexington, KY.
Please report instances of abuse or inappropriate content to
postmaster at fcps.net