[thelist] XHTML form radio button code not validating

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Thu Mar 20 02:35:14 CST 2003

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003 4:07 PM Jeff wrote:>

> you've gotten your question answered, but i wanted to mention that you
> should lose the habit of using <b></b> tags to bold things in favor of
> <strong></strong> as it has semantic meaning.

    Hi Jeff:

> oh, and what's with the &#160;? why not just use &nbsp;?

    When I did my first XHTML site, I got validation errors using &nbsp; so I switched to using &#160; in order to validate. Think it's because I'm using the UTF-8 char set <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />. That brings up something I'm not clear on. Can I use the iso-8859-1 char set in XHTML 1.0 Transitional? Then I could still use &nbsp;?

Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
*No keyboard detected.*
*Press F10 to proceed.*