[thelist] Windows to Linux

Nemesis nemesis1 at nemesis1.f2o.org
Wed Mar 19 18:02:17 CST 2003

Alan wrote:

>Hi
>
>I was just wondering if anyone could recommend some software to me.
>
>I am thinking of switching from windoze to RedHat or other Linux distro. But
>obviously I need some programs to replace what I have now.
>
>I use Dreamweaver, and outlook the most I would like to know if there are
>any good alternatives out there.
>Plus any other software that people have used and could recommend.

You can still use Dreamweaver thought Wine. You will have to start it
from the command line. If you are buying or downloading the cd's there
are many Programs to choose from. Try them till you find the ones you
like. If you are starting from scratch, new hard drive, remember that
RedHat does not come with a drive partition tool Or at least it didn't
last time I tried it.

HTH
Gary

Gary Bland