[thelist] site pirating

Kathy Long kat at katandmouse.com
Thu Mar 20 13:32:44 CST 2003

All,
I've been so swamped that I haven't had the time to respond  to any of
your posts, but thought it about time seeing as this discussion was
starting to go downhill.

Andrew, I'm appalled at your statement. You speak out of ignorance and
obviously did not take the time to read the Vanilla.com site and become
familiar with what its purpose or its originator. Patricia Rain is of
celebrity status wherever Vanilla is grown, and particularly in India
and Mexico. She is the sole voice and advocate for vanilla growers
worldwide. She is also considered a leading authority on Vanilla. Too
bad you missed her at her special appearance as an invited guest at the
Smithsonian last month. She has also traveled extensively as an invited
guest to various vanilla plantations throughout the world. Her years of
study and travels have resulted in 2 books on the subject and the
extensive information you see at her site. She is also on contract now
to write a book on the history of vanilla.

So to say that she or I are guilty of pirating is absolutely absurd.

As for dealing with the true pirating issue, we are still working on it
and I will keep you informed of our progress. I received an email
directly to me this morning with a cc to someone at nutech-systems. I
appreciate the concern and help, but please keep nutech out of the
loop. It can hamper our attempts to resolve this issue.

Thank you all for your support and suggestions,

Kathy