[thelist] Rollover Problem in Dream/FireMX

Benjer futureweb at macmail.com
Fri Mar 21 04:52:35 CST 2003

On 20/3/03 8:59 pm, "waxplanet at sunflower.com" <waxplanet at sunflower.com>
wrote:

> I've got a problem with rollovers in Fireworks and Dreamweaver.  We have
> created a nav bar that uses a popup menu (created in FireworksMX).  We would
> like the animated .gif to continue animating while the mouse is on the submenu
> links (pop-up menu).  To see the mock-up, go to:
>
> http://students.jccc.net/~gperry/test/infoRO.htm
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to how to make this work?

This is why its often best to write your own pop-up code etc. The
dreamweaver/fireworks code is very good/clever but when you need to change
elements/customise it can be very difficult to understand how to change the
js code.

In your example why not code them yourself:

make the pop-ups as a layer in dreamweaver.

Apply the show/hide layer on mouseover/out of the main nav image.

When you rollover a subnav you can swap image to your animated gif.

Hope that helps.

Benjer