[thelist] EPS to JPG conversion with Irfanview

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Fri Mar 21 19:12:39 CST 2003

David Bindel wrote:
> I have more than 500 EPS images that I need to convert to JPG

Have you gone through all of Irfan View's many preferences to see if
you can change that. I know you change background inside IV's viewing
window from black to white. Also once you're in the IV batch
conversion dialogue check out the options offered there.

Other options: Fireworks (30 day trial), Photoshop/ImageReady -- both
support batch processing.

> format for the web.  I've been trying to use Irfanview (it's my
> first time ever to use it) to convert them, but the EPS images
> have transparent backgrounds and when I convert them (or preview
> them) in Irfanview, the background is changed from transparent to
> black... Yes, I know the JPG format does not have transparency
> support, but I am needing Irfanview (or some other program if you
> can recommend it) to give the images a white background rather
> than a black one.  Is this possible?
>
> TIA,
> David Bindel
>
> --