[thelist] acces-board.gov - is this a joke?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 07:42:05 CST 2003

--- Peter-Paul Koch <gassinaumasis at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm currently working on a page about JavaScript and accessibility
> (will notify the list when it's ready), and visited
> http://www.access-board.gov/,
> which at first sight appears to be the site of the US board
> concerned with accessibility issues.
>
> What do we see on the homepage? A bloody JAVA APPLET which contains
> the main navigation, and no trace of an alternative navigation.
>
> Is this a joke? Are these just comedians pretending to be the US
> Access Board? Or am I missing something here?
>
> For the moment I decided not to trust anything on that site (and
> some of the rules are very weird).

Wow, doesn't look fake to me. This is unbelieveable! I have IE6/XP so
of course I get the multiple prompts to load the java - and I cannot
get the page unless I allow it. Absolutely horrible.

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.maccaws.com/

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward