[thelist] "muddy" images

Amy Rynne amyrynne at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 13:39:31 CST 2003

I'm having a huge dilemma.  I'm working on Windows XP home designing a website for a customer who views it on a Mac with AOL.  The images I develop look fine to me, but when viewed on her machine she says they look "muddy" (basically the background appears blotchy).
My first question is if anyone has ever heard of this issue and what they found to resolve it.
My second question is what is the best way to scan (I am working with images at 72dpi)  I get the images at higher resolutions from her and I size them down.  She is scanning objects off of the scanner, not images.

Please let me know of any helpful information!

Thank you,
Amy