[thelist] "muddy" images

BreezyGraphics at aol.com BreezyGraphics at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 07:45:23 CST 2003

In a message dated 03/24/2003 7:01:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, Dan Boen
writes:

> A statement like that might be very useful if graphics are an important part
> of the site and the client knows a lot of AOL users are gonna be the
> audience.  It will also go miles in quelling the AOL-centric client's fears
> - any client that I've had who's web world consists of AOL has had trouble
> understanding the world outside of that environment.

I have to say like it or not all our web world's "have" to take aol into
consideration. From every stat at any site I've built aol browsers account
for over 50% of sessions for a day. I just pulled these off server stats for
an example.
  AOL 4.x with 644 sessions        (57.24% of all sessions)
  Unknown with 199 sessions       (17.69% of all sessions)
  Netscape 4.x with 147 sessions (13.07% of all sessions)
  MSIE 5.x with 91 sessions         (8.09% of all sessions)
  Netscape 5.x with 29 sessions   (2.58% of all sessions)
  Netscape 2.x with 7 sessions     (0.62% of all sessions)
  Netscape 3.x with 5 sessions     (0.44% of all sessions)
  MSIE 4.x with 3 sessions          (0.27% of all sessions)