[thelist] Drifting Layers

Rob Whitener rwhitener at DesignOptions.com
Mon Mar 24 11:03:57 CST 2003

I have some code that does this sort of thing (go look at
www.designoptions.com/newsite/history.htm )if that is the behavior that you
are looking for, let me know and I can post the code.  I ran into problems
on IE5.5 and 6 when I used the strict dtd.  There seem to be some problems
with the documentElement object and absolute positioned items.  I can't
remember exactly what the bugs were, but after a couple of days of hair
pulling I gave up on the strict DTD.  This works in IE5 + , Opera 6 + and
Netscape 6 +.  Version 4 browsers would probably require some tweaking, but
the code would still give you the basic algorithm and metod to get it done.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: waxplanet at sunflower.com [mailto:waxplanet at sunflower.com]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 11:51 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] Drifting Layers

Dearest Evolt Crowd,

I have a co-worker who is trying to figure out how to do drifting layers as
seen at:  http://www.glassdog.com. Make sure you scroll down to see the
effect. Rather than a drifting "menu", he is trying to use dhtml to cause an
area to change an image and text for each rollover.  The need for the
drifting layer comes in for the image and text which needs to move down with
the scroll since there are so many rollover links.  Does anyone know where
to find this code so that it works for IE especially.  Having it work well
in both Netscape and IE would be ideal, but the client is really targeting
IE users.

Thanks,
Janet
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/