[thelist] Powerpoint to html

Rob Sylvan rsylvan at cdtmicrographics.com
Mon Mar 24 15:06:39 CST 2003

thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got a bunch of powerpoint presentations that need to be
> converted. Using Microsoft's solution for turning ppt into html
> produces a file that doesn't work in Mozilla or Netscape 7.  I've
> been playing with W3C's slidemaker, but the documentation is so bad I
> don't have time to figure out whether or not I can use it to convert
> ppt files and then how to.... How do others on this list produce
> slides that work?  The files are full of images and are too long for
> me to manually convert to html.
>
> - chris

While not the most elegant solution ... you could export each slide as a
graphic (jpg, png, gif, or wmf)from PPT, and then create a simple html nav
to move between slides ... it can make short work of it, depending on your
needs.

I've gotten decent results by exporting to WMF and then batch
conversion/resize to GIF using irfanview. PPT's conversion to GIF and JPG is
pretty ugly.

Cheers,
Rob