[thelist] Re: why fixing the font size is bad (info for a client)

Saila, Craig Craig.Saila at bgminteractive.com
Mon Mar 24 15:45:30 CST 2003

Sarah wrote:
> articles which explain, in terms a non-web developer can understand,
> why font sizes need to be resizeable in order for the site to be
> accessible.

Even if a site sues fixed-size fonts, it still can be accessible: having
resizable text only allows the users to adjust the font-size so the page
is more readable.

Nevertheless, I see what you're getting at, and the argument can be
summed up like this:

"Fixed-size fonts may prevent many your customers from being able resize
the text on the Web pages. As a result many of them, especially those
with poorer vision, many not be able to comfortably read your Web site.

If you want as many people to [insert purpose of Web site], it'd be in
your best interest to allow them the ability to resize the text.

Even without using fixed-size fonts, I can provide you with a site that
will look terrific on [all or most] for most your clients."

--
Cheers,

Craig Saila