[thelist] JS (contract?) job in Dallas

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Mar 26 13:24:02 CST 2003

Hi Gang,

A buddy of mine up in Dallas, Texas has an immediate opening for a JavaScript wizard.

Some notes:

The company works with BRIO - which is an enterprise reporting/business intelligence tool.
(The downside is that this means the JS work is a little out-of-the-ordinary - since you'd be working
within the Brio tool, which has, naturally, a proprietary DOM to work with.  The upside is that you
have NO cross-browser issues to worry about - everything is pretty straight forward.)

It would be a lot of front-end form creating, user controls, writing loops to populate list boxes --- that
kind of thing.

You'd need a little bit of familiarity with SQL as well.

They have 170+ reports they need to add scripting to.

(That's all I know at this point - that's why I'm guessing this may be 'contract' rather than permanent.)

Reply to me off-list and I'll forward things up to Gary.

Thanks,

RonL.
(Who had two of his Brio examples published in the 'business intelligence' section of ittoolbox.com
this morning.  <Wooot />)