[thelist] SS Include question

Jamie Bakum jamie.bakum at circle.com
Thu Mar 27 16:10:59 CST 2003

>If you could pass on just your SSI directive that would help.

I've been using this:

<!--#include virtual="../nav/top.html" -->

(and I tried variations with "include file" with an absolute path to no avail)

One bit of evidence I dug up from a faq through my site admin control
panel: Apparently the file called can't have ".html" in the name,
though it can have html formatting. They gave examples of .txt,
.data, and .dat files as their include sample, I tried every
variation of all 3 and still couldn't get  anything to work. I've got
an email into them, but response time may be sloooow.

Thanks Anthony -