[thelist] Checking DNS of an ISP

Scott Harman scott at enteractiontv.com
Fri Mar 28 02:31:55 CST 2003

Hmmmm - question... Is he running Win2k, active directory?

In which case he will manually have to add the A record.  Internal DNS
servers will check internally first - most often not even checking for
an external record if a record cannot be found in internal DNS.
Only thing I can think of I'm afraid!

(Don't worry - it took Cap Gemini IT support 3 weeks to finally agree
with me, after coming up against exactly the same issue with one of my
clients! ;))