[thelist] Google nails copyright infringement!

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Mon Mar 31 04:04:37 CST 2003

> > http://www.highrankings.com/issue048.htm
> ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>
> interesting read.  i doubt including google on copyright
> cease and desist letters will consistently work as well as it
> did for the guest writer of that article.  nonetheless, it's
> still worth a try.

Along those lines, often people who bring up threads claiming
someone stole their design. I wonder how these people find out,
since there is no particular verbiage to search for and the
web is too vast to stumble across a plagarised site design. Is
there any kind of measures one can take so their design is somewhat
protected (nothing along the lines of obfuscationg/encoding of
content). Maybe like inserting a special tag or something
in the code that is searchable from google?

aleem

[ http://aleembawany.com/ ]