[thelist] Group message from stylings

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Mar 31 15:15:14 CST 2003

> Just got into a minor war with a colleague of mine who is demanding that I
> recode the group code that I wrote to eliminate the use of the evolt-style
> message headers and switch to a yahoogroups-style manner (see below).

hi martin

sorry to hear that

i hate it when people demand, eh?

> Does anyone know which is considered the "standard" way of handling this
> stuff, and whether there is any documentation that I can use to support
> the continued use of Evolt-style message headers?

thanks for the compliment but evolt did not invent that style

here are two articles on the subject:

   "Reply-To" Munging Considered Harmful
   An Earnest Plea to Mailing List Administrators

   Reply-To Munging Considered Useful
   An Earnest Plea to Mailing List Administrators
   http://www.metasystema.org/essays/reply-to-useful.mhtml

perhaps one of those will support your position

;o)