[thelist] Can a 302 affect my position/appearance in search engines?

Chris George codemonkey00 at mac.com
Mon Jun 16 23:36:33 CDT 2003

Hey all,

I've got a potential client that is running  a system that uses 302's
to temp redirect users from the root of the site to a dynamically
generated homepage. Since then, they've dropped off the search engines
(Google, for one). Can the 302 be affecting their search engine
performance?

They're also using ISAPI to url-rewrite. If this appears to be done
properly (ie from a visitor's pov the urls are 'static'), is it
possible that THAT might pose an issue?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Chris.