[thelist] Worried...please help

Lokesh Taxali taxi_wala at telstra.com
Mon Jun 16 21:47:49 CDT 2003

Hello,
I am going to set-up a web site for myself - its a small business
trying to gather information from surfers (like a survey) and then
selling these statistics to an advertising company. I have a lot of
forms, and all the data is going to be stored in an MS access DB on my
cheap-ish server (cant afford anything else).

PROBLEM is: To try to 'break' my own site, I wrote a small standaone
HTML page with some simple Javascript in it, that makes a local FORM
object (with fields the same as my form), puts some junk data in it and
then submits it to my server (Anyone on the internet can do this by
saving a copy of my form page and then studying it). This JS can be
made to run inside a loop (from 1 to 1000000..) which means its going
to keep on submitting data to my server, eventually crashing it! How
can I stop someone from doing this to me? :(