[thelist] IE for Mac to cease

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Wed Jun 18 09:58:40 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 07:36  PM, Michael Mell wrote:
> > Some of the key customer requests for web browsing
> > on the Mac require close development between the
> > browser and the OS

> What!? Is that true? Sounds like garbage to me. Is MS trying to spin
> this in a way that lets them further integrate IE with the OS.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  I doubt MS can name a single
feature that people have requested that Must be tied to the OS --
Windows _or_ Mac.  MS thinks it's solved the troublesome problem of
customers (serfs) not upgrading on their schedule.

All they've really done is ensure that in the future Joe User will be
even slower to update his browser.

And of course web developers will be forced to buy each Windows upgrade
if they want to thoroughly test their sites, (or possibly just sign up
for MSN).

This is the worst news I've heard in a _long_ time as a web developer.

Stephen