[thelist] Site Copycat (Special Circumstances Involved)

Russell Griechen russgri at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 21 21:28:29 CDT 2003

> His CSS is the same: same
> selector IDs, same class names, same properties, and mostly equal
> property values.
>
> Like I said, I don't really mind him using my layout so long as he
> changes the pages to make them not look like mine.  I have learned a lot
> from Glish.com's CSS Layouts (http://www.glish.com/css), but I haven't
> ever used his source in a production site.  Now I write from scratch and
> make my own good layouts - because I have learned how to do it myself.

Hey David,
I use glish.com css occasionally...They and others offer them for use just
as you did.
If your CSS names and properties work ...and you gave them to him...He has
every right to use them.
You do not have copyright in this case.
You can't give something like a design to some one and expect them not to
use it.
People on this list give code...css examples...code names to anyone who
asks.
He must have ask you for help ....you gave it to him.
Then you decide that because it worked for him that he must now change
it....
This is just a lot of rubbish...
Grow up!!
You are just envious that he got a design job.
Russell Griechen