[thelist] [Site Review] Gemsnjewelry.com

Gary McPherson genyus at ingenyus.net
Sun Jun 22 23:53:56 CDT 2003

> the border is b0rken,  win2000pro ie6
>
>http://r937.com/gems1.gif
>http://r937.com/gems2.gif
>
>whatever it says under the main logo, you can't read it

How odd. The site displays perfectly in IE6 (tested on W2K Server, 98
and XP) for me, while NS7 has a tiny glitch at both right-hand corners.
A bigger problem in NS7 is the main navigation links sit over the
horizontal rule, instead of above it. Also, the search page layout
breaks:

http://www.ingenyus.net/projects/lab/gemsnjewelry1.gif
http://www.ingenyus.net/projects/lab/gemsnjewelry2.gif

Personally, I found the blinking "click here to return to our home page"
link above the main logo rather annoying and a little confusing on my
first visit, as I had to double-check that I was actually on the home
page. And perhaps it's just me, but the rollovers don't seem to be
properly preloading - it takes a while before the alternative images
display.
The order form seems to be leaving an awful lot of blank space unused -
I know it doesn't affect the functionality, but it just seemed awkwardly
placed to me.
The pricing confused me somewhat, e.g. the Brazilian Topaz Gems. Does
the retail price indicate what a buyer could sell them on for, or what
they could expect to purchase them for elsewhere? Some more
clarification here would be good.

HTH,

Gary