[thelist] International Hosting/E-Commerce

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Mon Jun 23 13:39:30 CDT 2003

> 1.) Hosting
> - Does the site need to be setup on an International Host?  Someone
> mentioned this to me, and I had never heard of it.  Is this
> even necessary?

I've never heard of this and don't know what it means. Mind you, I don't
actually know much of anything anyway. :)

> 2.) E-Commerce
> - They want the user to be able to select US Dollars or other
> (yet to be
> determined which other currencies).  I realize that I would
> need to get some
> Currency Convertor.  Is there a Web Service available that does this?
> - Also, will I need to have a Merchant Account & Payment
> Gateway that will
> accept my multiple currencies??

http://www.oscommerce.com/

osCommerce indeed features multiple currencies and is linked to a currency
conversion web site. You could probably find more information about multiple
currency commerce there.

Hershel