[thelist] Charsets, finding them in a string...

Christian Anderson chris at jobdragon.com
Tue Jun 24 02:21:43 CDT 2003

Ok, this one is hurting my head...

I am writing something here in ASP (with an access database) that accepts
input through a form or email from users, and I only want it to work in
English and Japanese character sets.

I know that people are bound to put in characters and stuff that are outside
of the English (roman?) and Japanese charset, so I need to find a way to
examine the string to see if there is anything OTHER than English or
Japanese in there, and if so, delete it from the string.

Any way to do this?

Thanks,

Chris