[thelist] DHTML Text Zoom Menu

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 08:23:54 CDT 2003

>I am looking to make a menu (I assume in DHTML) which the user can drag
>over wanted text to which it would increase the size of said text within
>the menu (which would be transparent) to a pre-defined size.
>
>A good example of the a menu similar is Microsoft's 'Page Options'
>available in their MSDN:
>
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dncscol/html/csharp01212002.asp?frame=true

I don't get it. I can drag a layer but nothing happens.

>Does anyone know of where this has been done or how I might go about doing
>it?

With difficulty <g>. Find the position of the layer, then see what's
underneath it. I'm not sure how to do that last one, except for looping
through all elements on the page and seeing if their position matches the
position of the layer. Then increase the font size of this element.

But this is pretty hard to code. Why not simply add a generalized font
sizer?

ppk, freelance web developer
Interactie, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
New: Forms, usability and the W3C DOM:
http://digital-web.com/features/feature_2003-05b.shtml