[thelist] php IDE's (was: IDE for web developers)

Taz taz at softeffects.co.uk
Tue Jun 24 08:53:21 CDT 2003

Yes komodo runs on both Linux and Windows, I must admit I prefer the Linux
one just because.

Why is it so good? here...

1: Toolbox - improved run commands, new run command tutorial, snippet
support for % codes, new "Open in..." item, and more
2: Project Manager - faster project load times, persistence enhancements,
support for "Revert Project" and "Compare files," and more
3: Multi-language support - Optimized for Perl, PHP, Python, Tcl, and
XSLT, plus support for numerous others
4: Syntax-checking and coloring - Provides instant feedback that makes it
easier to quickly write correct code
5: Code-folding - Work quickly and efficiently with large sections of code
6: Code Snippets - Store any piece of code for reuse
7: AutoCompletion and CallTips - Write code faster and shorten the
learning curve with features that guide you as you work
8: Multi-document editing - Convenient interface allows work on multiple
documents simultaneously, including cross-document searc

For me it was simply the syntax-checking and great AutoCompletion. Just
download the trial either way.