[thelist] Build vs. Buy Shopping Cart

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Tue Jun 24 11:56:40 CDT 2003

>I'm still not following you.

Okay Chris. Drop the drop down menu idea, its confusing you about what my
intentions actually are.

My idea:

Select a Product from the Product Catalog.
Done.

On the How many/How much page You have this:

Product   Size    Color   Qty.    Price
Shoe A     XL     White    2     $14.99  | Add another | | Remove this |

If you click the | Add another | button, you'll get this:

Product   Size    Color   Qty.    Price
Shoe A     XL     White    2     $14.99  | Add another | | Remove this |
Shoe A     L      Black    1     $ 7.99  | Add another | | Remove this |

Then once more:

Product   Size    Color   Qty.    Price
Shoe A     XL     White    2     $14.99  | Add another | | Remove this |
Shoe A     L      Black    1     $ 7.99  | Add another | | Remove this |
Shoe A     S      Blue     3     $34.99  | Add another | | Remove this |

Each time you can figure any and all quantities/varieties. I want to be able
to "magically" add and remove items as needed and will appear on the screen
without having to refresh the screen. I can do all this and more with
refreshing involved.

Does this help explain my quest?

Rob.Smith