[thelist] Template Check (PM) with opinions and help with twoproblems, please.

Pat Meeks pmeeks at msn.com
Tue Jun 24 23:38:47 CDT 2003

Ted:
> > http://home.earthlink.net/~measureone/template/data-tables-template.htm
>
> If you knock of that last "a" on the link it works :) (there - got rid of
it  --going up to /template/  there is an index page with links to the CSS).

>  - One thing I noticed, the links at the bottom of the page, Home Products
> Catalog, ect, well at first glance they didn't appear to be links. Rather
> they appeared to be some sort of legal jargon or "junk" for lack of a
better
> term. Once I actually read a few I quickly knew they were links. However,
if
> you were to add underlines to these or somehow differiante them it would
> make them far more noticeable for people who quickly scroll to the bottom
of
> the page :)

Thanks, good point.

> - Second thing, highly picky, but in IE6, where you have the little
quarter
> circle next to the top level menu, it doesn't appear to be antialiased at
> all, so its jaggedness is a little eye sore when looking at the menu. I
> know, I know, but smoothing it out could do wonders :)

Yes, I'll try it again. Yep, it's annoyingly ragged.

> - Third thing, slighly picky, in NN4 the menu items at the top, Home
> Catalog, ect, appear to be pretty close together, as opposed to IE6. Not a
> huge thing, but this sort of throws off the balance at the top. Not a
major
> thing, if it can be fixed easy, go for it, just because a majority of your
> people are NN4 like you said.

I don't know how to accomplish this, but I'll try again. If I get it fixed
in one browser, the space changes in the others.

> Sure, the site is a bit bland, but for what it appears to be offering, the
> colors seem to work well and get the point across. However, maybe making
the
> links some shade of blue to match the red/tan would work well, adding
color
> to the site, and making it easy to distinguish links.

Ok, let me try changing the link colors. The idea was to aim for or a clean,
open and light look, but it needs to have some style also and I'm not sure
it does.

Thanks much for your suggestions, Ted.